We hereby warrant all sealcoating applications against defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from date of application. We will honor all written claims under the following conditions and guidelines
- Huyser Asphalt cannot be responsible for damage of sealer due to lawn chemicals or sprinklers, domestic animals, foot or vehicle traffic for the appropriate sealer cure time. This is usually 24 to 48 hours.
- Huyser Asphalt will not be responsible for damage due to excessive standing water, standing gravel, snowplows, tire chains, or winter salt applications, also for any gas, oil or anti-freeze on your sealed surface.
- Huyser Asphalt will not be responsible for sealer peeling and flaking due to oil or gas stains on asphalt. (Sealer does not stick to gas or oil) Although we will not warrant this we will do our best to prime and clean these areas to ensure the sealer adheres to the asphalt.
- Huyser Asphalt cannot be responsible for peeling and flaking due to tree sap. The owner of the driveway is responsible for power washing their drive before application to ensure there is no tree sap on the asphalt surface. Almost all trees leave a form of invisible sap on asphalt surfaces and cause the sealer to peel after the first winter.
EVERYDAY PRODUCTS THAT CAN CAUSE SEALER TO NOT ADHERE PROPERLY OR CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR FRESHLY SEALED DRIVEWAY:
- Antifreeze and oil dripping from your car.
- Playground chalk - will come through the sealer.
- Chocolate - has oil & paraffin wax in it and will peel sealer. (Believe it or not this happened to a customer).
- Pitch from pine tree's (and possible other sap dripping trees)- brown ring marks or streaks will come through the sealer.
- Standing gravel from over the winter- wears the sealer prematurely. Also, tire chains on snowblowers will leave marks on the asphalt.
- Lawn chemicals that are sprayed on the grass and allowed to overspray on the sealer.
- Wash and Wax products used to wash your car - if you use them, do it on the street or on your lawn - sealer will not stick to these products. It will cause a "milky white film" on the asphalt.
- Foam tire cleaner for white walls that are silicone based product.
- Anything that has a paraffin wax base.